Sunday, September 26, 2010

Make Commitment at Your Wedding

Different wedding vows set the different tone for your marriage. The right wedding vows make your wedding romantic, meaningful, and uniquely your own. The exchange of wedding vows is the heart and soul of a wedding ceremony. It is a very romantic moment and often the perfect place to express your feelings towards your fiancĂ©. So find some beautiful wedding vows examples below to find the perfect words to speak to your loved one or write your own wedding vows to personalize your wedding ceremony。

Traditional Wedding Vows

Traditional Wedding Vows #1:

I, (name), take you (name), to be my (wife/husband), to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part.

Traditional Wedding Vows #2:

I, (name), take you, (name), to be my [opt: lawfully wedded] (husband/wife), my constant friend, my faithful partner and my love from this day forward. In the presence of God, our family and friends, I offer you my solemn vow to be your faithful partner in sickness and in health, in good times and in bad, and in joy as well as in sorrow. I promise to love you unconditionally, to support you in your goals, to honor and respect you, to laugh with you and cry with you, and to cherish you for as long as we both shall live.

Traditional Wedding Vows # 3 (traditional civil ceremony vows):

(Name), I take you to be my lawfully wedded (husband/wife). Before these witnesses I vow to love you and care for you as long as we both shall live. I take you with all your faults and your strengths as I offer myself to you with my faults and strengths. I will help you when you need help, and I will turn to you when I need help. I choose you as the person with whom I will spend my life.

Traditional Wedding Vows # 4:

I, (name), take you, (name), to be my beloved (wife/husband), to have and to hold you, to honor you, to treasure you, to be at your side in sorrow and in joy, in the good times, and in the bad, and to love and cherish you always. I promise you this from my heart, for all the days of my life.

Non-Traditional Wedding Vows

Non-Traditional Wedding Vows # 1 

Today, a day of music and celebration,
I pledge to share my life with you.
Whether the days that come are happy or sad,
I will live them with you.
____________, I give myself to you as your (husband/wife).

Non-Traditional Wedding Vows # 2

All that I am and all that I have, I offer to you in love and in joy.
From this day forward I will love and comfort you, hold you close,
prize you above all others,
and remain faithful to you all the days of our lives.

Non-Traditional Wedding Vows # 3

Respecting each other, we commit to live our lives
together for all the days to come.
I ask you to share this world with me, for good and ill.
Be my partner, and I will be yours.

Non-Traditional Wedding Vows # 4

_____, I take you to be my wife/husband from this time onward,
to join with you and to share all that is to come, to be your faithful husband/wife,
to give and to receive, to speak and to listen, to inspire and to respond;
a commitment made in love, kept in faith, and eternally made new.

Non-Traditional Wedding Vows # 5

As freely, ____________, as God has given me life,
I join my life with yours.
Wherever you go, I will go;
whatever you face, I will face.
For good or ill, in happiness or sadness,
come riches or poverty,
I take you as my (husband/wife), and will give myself to no other.

Romantic Wedding Vows

Romantic Wedding Vows # 1

(Name), today I take you for my (wife/husband). I promise to love you without reservation, comfort you in times of distress, encourage you to achieve all of your goals, laugh with you and cry with you, grow with you in mind, and spirit, always be open and honest with you, and cherish you for as long as we both shall live.

Romantic Wedding Vows # 2

(Name), from the moment I first saw you, I knew you were the one with whom I wanted to share my life. Your beauty, heart, and mind inspire me to be the best person I can be. I promise to love you for eternity, respecting you, honoring you, being faithful to you, and sharing my life with you. This is my solemn vow.


Romantic Wedding Vows # 3

I (name) affirm my love to you, (name) as I invite you to share my life. You are the most beautiful, smart, and generous person I have ever known, and I promise always to respect you and love you. With kindness, unselfishness and trust, I will work by your side to create a wonderful life together. I take you (name) to be my lawful (wife/husband), to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health for as long as we both shall live.


Romantic Wedding Vows # 4

I want to be your lover, your companion and your best friend for the rest of my life. I promise to love and cherish you, to keep you close and with faithfulness, to be your prop and helpmate in times of need, to make you laugh and to hold you when you cry, to hold you to the highest respect and honor as you so deserve for the rest of my life.

Romantic Wedding Vows # 5

Many people spend their lives searching for their soulmate, their one true love. Some people are lucky to find the person they can truly call the better half of themselves, while others spend the rest of their lives searching and never finding. I am happy to count myself among the lucky ones, because I certainly found you.

Christian Wedding Vows

Christian Wedding Vows # 1
Groom
______, I love you and I know that this love is from God. Because of this, I want to be your husband so that we might serve Christ together. Through all of the uncertainties and trials of the present and future, I promise to be faithful to you and love you. I promise to guide and protect you as Christ does his church, as long as we both shall live. God's Word gives us the perfect example of this love in Christ's death for the Church. I shall try always, with God's help, to show you this same kind of love, for I know that in His sight we will both be one.
Bride
______, I love you. I prayed that God would lead me to his choice. I praise Him that tonight His will is being fulfilled. Through the pressures of the present and uncertainties of the future I promise my faithfulness, to follow you through all of life's experiences as you follow God, that together we may grow in the likeness of Christ and our home be a praise to Him.

Christian Wedding Vows # 2

I _____, take you ______, to be my wedded wife/husband. To have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness or in health, to love and to cherish 'till death do us part. And hereto I pledge you my faithfulness.

Christian Wedding Vows # 3

Groom
_____, we read in Genesis, "Therefore shall a man leave his father and mother and cleave unto his wife," and in Proverbs "Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing." He has ordained that the husband be the head of the wife. He instructs me, as the one who will be your husband, to love you as Christ loves the Church. It is my desire and delight to follow this scriptural teaching. With all my heart, I make this pledge to you.

Bride
______, the Lord instructs me as the one who will be your wife to submit to you as unto Him. Our Father created woman to be man's helper. It is my desire and delight to follow this scriptural teaching. With all my heart I make this pledge to you.


Christian Wedding Vows # 4

Groom
I love you, _____, and I know that God has ordained this love. Because of this I desire to be your husband. Together we will be vessels for His service in accordance with His plan, so that in all areas of our life Christ will have the pre-eminence. Through the pressures of the present and the uncertainties of the future, I promise to be faithful to you. I promise to love, guide, and protect you as Christ does His Church, and as long as we both are alive. According to Ephesians 5 and with His enabling power, I promise to endeavor to show to you the same kind of love as Christ showed the Church when He died for her, and to love you as a part of myself because in His sight we shall be one.
Bride
I love you, ____ and I know that you love me. Because of this I desire to be your wife. For _ years I have prayed that God would lead me to His choice and I am confident that His will is being fulfilled tonight. Through the pressures of the present and the uncertainties of the future I promise to be faithful to you. I will love, serve, and obey you as long as we both are alive. Christ told us that the wife must submit herself unto her own husband as unto the Lord. For as Christ is Head of His Church so is the husband head of his wife. _____, I submit myself to you.

Funny Wedding Vows

Funny Wedding Vows # 1

I (Name), take you, (Name) to be my lawfully wedded (husband/wife) and chief tennis doubles partner, for richer, for poorer, for better, for worse, in sickness and in health, for when we win and the very very rare occasion when we lose. I promise to love, honor, and cherish you, to return your serves and do my best not to foot fault. This I vow to you.


Funny Wedding Vows # 2

I (name), take you (name), to be my beloved wife. I promise to love you and be your faithful partner, for better for worse, for richer, for poorer, when the Jets are winning, and when they are losing, in sickness, and in health, and in Jets-induced sickness. I will be true and loyal, and cherish you for all the days of our lives.


Funny Wedding Vows # 3

I, (name), take you (name), to be my (wife/husband), to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, for even poorer when I've been shopping a lot, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part.

Funny Wedding Vows # 4

I, Mary, take you John, to be my lawfully wedded husband... for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, for when you buy all those expensive toys...

Write Your Own Wedding Vows

Original wedding vows are becoming more and more popular these days. Many couples, decide to write their very own unique wedding vows to make their special day different and memorable. Writing your own personalized wedding vows can be a challenge, but it's not as hard as it looks. Here are some ideas that can help you write your wedding vows.

1: Tell Him/Her Why You Love Him/Her

Start your wedding vow by letting him/her know WHY you love him/her so much.Tell him/her how your life has changed because of his/her accompany. It doesn't need to be perfect. Just speak from your heart and this will be a good beginning for your wedding vow.

2: Make A Promise about How You Are Going to Make His/Her Life Different

You are planning to spend the rest of your life with this man/woman who you really care about. So tell him/her "how" the rest of his/her life is going to be... with you and promise you will be together with him/her and take care of him/her.

3: Take His/Her Hands and Look into His/Her Eyes

No matter what words you are speaking, taking your partner's hands and looking deep into his/her eyes will definitely double the effect of your words, because they will just flow deep into your partner's heart.

Related Articles:
Wedding Garter Toss Songs                                Wedding Ceremony Songs Music
The Songs for Wedding Music Video                  Create Wedding DVD Slideshow with Music

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it!