Sunday, September 19, 2010

The First Dance Songs for Weddings

Since there are thousands of first dance songs for weddings to choose from, and narrowing it down can be time consuming and sometimes stressful, for many couples, choosing a first dance wedding song can be overwhelming.

But, since the first dance wedding song is a central part of the big day, it’s important that it be just right. Let your wedding first dance song tell the story of your relationship. Take into account the style of dance the couple wants – something fun, something slow and romantic, or something in between – and then check out this list of wedding first dance songs.

Top First Dance Wedding Songs

1. A Groovy Kind Of Love – Phil Collins
2. A Whole New World – Peabo Bryson
3. Angel Of Mine – Monica
4. Can’t Help Falling In Love – Elvis Presley
5. Dreaming Of You – Selena
6. Forever & For Always – Shania Twain
7. Grow Old With Me – John Lennon
8. I Believe In You And Me – Whitney Houston
9. Moonlight Serenade – Glenn Miller
10. Spend My Life With You – Eric Benet
11. Unforgettable – Nat King Cole
12. When You Say Nothing At All – Allison Krauss
13. We’ve Got Tonight – Kenny Rogers
14. You Are So Beautiful – Joe Cocker
15. True Love Ways Buddy – Holly

Popular First Dance Songs for Weddings

1. I Will Be Here – Steven Curtis Chapman
2. The Reason – Hoobastank
3. Lucky – Hoobastank
4. Unthinkable (I’m Ready) – Alicia Keys
5. My Heart Belongs to You – Dolly Rappaport
6. Stand By Me – Ben E. King
7. Bridge Over Troubled Water – Simon And Garfunkel
8. I Swear – John Michael Montgomery
9. You – Jesse Powell
10. Right Here, Right Now – Sheri Miller
11. Endless Love – Mariah Carey & Luther Vandross
12. Grow Old With You – Adam Sandler
13. When God Made You – NewSong
14. Whatever It is – Zac Brown Band
15. Feels Like Home – Chantal Kreviazuk
16. I Do (Cherish You) – 98 Degrees
17. Crush – Dave Matthews Band
18. You’ve Got A Friend – James Taylor
19. Angel Of Mine – Monica
20. Come What May – Ewan McGregor & Nicole Kidman
21. I Knew I Loved You Before I Met You – Savage Garden
22. My Best Friend – Tim McGraw
23. By Your Side – Sade
24. Wonderful Tonight – Eric Clapton
25. To Make You Feel My Love – Garth Brooks
26. Love Of My Life – Sammy Kershaw
27. Truly Madly Deeply – Savage Garden
28. Have You Ever Been In Love – Celine Dion
29. I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing – Aerosmith
30. You’re Still The One – Shania Twain

Classic First Dance Wedding Songs

1. At Last – Etta James
2. It Had to be You – Harry Connick Jr
3. Love – John Lennon
4. I Only Have Eyes for You – The Flamingos
5. The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face – Roberta Flack
6. Loving You – Elvis Presley
7. Unforgettable – Nat King Cole
8. Somewhere Over the Rainbow– Israel Kamakawiwo’ole
9. Close to You – The Carpenters
10. Maybe I’m Amazed – Paul McCartney

Unique First Dance Wedding Songs

1. When I’m 64 – The Beatles
2. Crazy Little Thing Called Love – Queen
3. I Got You Babe – Sonny and Cher
4. Neverending Song of Love – Daniel O’Donnell
5. Love and Marriage – Frank Sinatra
6. Hooked on a Feeling – Blue Swede
7. I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles) – The Proclaimers

Country First Dance Wedding Songs

1. Forever and Ever, Amen – Randy Travis
2. From This Moment– Shania Twain
3. You Had Me From Hello– Kenny Chesney
4. Forever’s as Far as I’ll Go– Alabama
5. Rockin’ Years – Dolly Parton
6. Just You and I – Eddie Rabbitt and Crystal Gayle
7. Making Memories of Us – Keith Urban
8. I Cross My Heartby George Strait
9. Keeper of the Stars –Tracy Byrd
10. Me and You –Kenny Chesney

Hip First Dance Wedding Songs

1. Alison – Elvis Costello
2. She – Elvis Costello
3. As – Stevie Wonder
4. Blood Of Eden – Peter Gabriel
5. Crash – Dave Matthews Band
6. You Are The Everything – R.E.M.
7. Forever in My Life – Prince
8. Heroes – David Bowie
9. Ice Cream – Sarah MacLachlan
10. If I Was Your Girlfriend – Prince
11. In Your Eyes – Peter Gabriel
12. Nothing Compares To You – Sinead O'Connor
13. It Must Be Love – Madness
14. Kiss Me – Sixpence None The Richer
15. Kissing You – from William Shakespeare's Romeo & Juliet

Related Articles:
Wedding Garter Toss Songs
Cake Cutting Songs for Weddings
The Songs for Wedding Music Video
Create Wedding DVD Slideshow with Music

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it!